19 May 2014
Tamr, Inc. (Tamr) owns and operates the website https://www.tamr.com (the Site). The Site, all of the materials, white papers, documents, text, images, graphics, videos, webinars, blogs and other information and content included or available at the Site (Content), and all of the services (if any) available at the Site, are collectively referred to as the Service).
The Service is offered only to individuals who are at least 18 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Service. Tamr may refuse to provide the Service to any person or entity and may change its eligibility criteria, at any time, in its sole discretion.
Tamr may modify, suspend or terminate the Site or other aspect of the Service, in whole or in part, at any time.
From time to time, at its sole discretion, Tamr may make all or any part of the Service available only to registered users (such as, for example, to register for a web event, or to subscribe or gain access to various information resources concerning Tamr’s products, services, user groups and business). You may elect to register or not, at your discretion. Our registration process may require you to provide your first and last names, company name, address, telephone number, email address and certain additional information (such as, for example, your preferred contact method, and products or markets that may be of interest to you), which is referred to as Registration Data.
Rules and Conduct.
All Content and other aspects of the Service are provided only for use by you for internal business purposes. Any unauthorized use of the Service, including without limitation, any external commercial use (such as, for example, resale to third parties), is expressly prohibited.
By way of example and not limitation, you agree not to take any action that, directly or indirectly, involves the Service, and which:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, privacy right or other right of any person or entity;
- discovers or reveals any personal information about another individual, including another person’s registration information or any other information that could be used to track, contact or impersonate that person;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, or junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Tamr’s computing, storage or communications systems and networks;
- attempts to bypass or gain unauthorized access to the SaaS Portal, SaaS Products, Site or other aspect of the Service (including its underlying technology platform), or another person’s registration information, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or otherwise;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware or network system or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data or other information of Tamr or any third party;
- registers for or creates user accounts by any automated means or under false or misleading pretenses, including by the use of a false, misleading or disguised e-mail address;
- harvests, scrapes or collects any information from the Service;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Tamr or any technology partner.
Tamr has no obligation to monitor the Service or any use thereof. However, Tamr reserves the right at all times and without notice to monitor, review, retain or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental (including law enforcement) request.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites on the Internet, and other websites may contain links to the Site. These other websites are not under Tamr’s control, and you acknowledge that Tamr is not responsible for the accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of the content or function of such websites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Tamr or any association with its operators.
The Site, Content and other aspects of the Service (and the underlying technology platforms) are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws, and Tamr (and its applicable affiliates, licensors and technology partners) shall own and retain all rights, title and interests (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights) therein and thereto. Unless and only to the extent expressly authorized by Tamr, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works of any part of the Service or Content. However, unless the Service states or implements a different restriction, you may download, reproduce or transmit a reasonable number of copies of Content for your internal business purposes; provided, that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. Your systematic retrieval of data or other Content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, database or directory is strictly prohibited without Tamr’s express prior written permission.
If you provide Tamr with any idea, recommendation or other suggestion regarding possible corrections, improvements or extensions related to the Site, Content or other aspects of the Service or the SaaS Portal or SaaS Products (collectively, Feedback), in any form or by any means (whether through the Service, or by direct communication (e.g., e-mail) with Tamr or any of its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents or technology partners), then you:
- represent and warrant that the Feedback does not include your own or any third party’s confidential or proprietary information; and
- acknowledge and agree that Tamr is under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback; and
- agree to grant and do hereby grant to Tamr and its affiliates and licensees a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, modify and make derivative works of the Feedback, in any manner, in any media and for any purpose, and to permit third parties to do the same.
User Generated Content.
At this time, the Service does not provide functions that permit users to cause or control the uploading, posting or transfer of content, messages or other information (collectively, User Content) to the Site or other users.
In the future, if the Service is modified to permit you to upload, post, transfer or otherwise disclose or distribute User Content of any kind at the Site or using the Service, then you:
- agree to grant and do hereby grant to Tamr, its affiliates, licensees and assigns a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with right to sublicense), in all media (now known or hereafter developed), to use, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, adapt, collect, modify, delete from, distribute, transmit, promote and make derivative works of User Content for the purposes of offering, providing, operating, marketing and promoting Tamr, the Site and Service (including without limitation, being exported under content sharing arrangements with technology partners); and
- represent and warrant to Tamr that all User Content includes appropriate attribution to the copyright owner, and that you own or otherwise control all rights to the User Content and that disclosure and use of the User Content by Tamr (including without limitation, by publishing at the Site) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party; and
- acknowledge that the User Content will be made available to and used by Tamr and other users, and will not be treated confidentially.
Tamr may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. You may discontinue using the Service at any time.
THE SITE, CONTENT AND ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF THE SERVICEARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. THE SITE, CONTENT AND ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, INTEGRATION, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. TAMR AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) ANY INFORMATION WILL BE TIMELY, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (B) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR PLACE; (C) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (E) ANY RESULT OR OUTCOME CAN BE ACHIEVED. USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY SAAS PRODUCT SHALL BE, IF AT ALL, ONLY AS EXPRESSLY AGREED IN THE SAAS AGREEMENT BETWEEN TAMR AND THE APPLICABLE CUSTOMER.
Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL TAMR (OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND TECHNOLOGY partners) BE LIABLE CONCERNING ANY SUBJECT MATTER related to the SITE, content OR OTHER ASPECTS OF THE service, regardless of the form of any claim or action (whether in CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERwise), for any (A) MATTER BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, (B) LOSS OR INACCURACY of data, loss or interruption OF USE, OR COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE TECHNOLOGies, GOODS or SERVICEs, (C) INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUES, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR (D) damages, IN THE AGGREGATE, in excess of Amounts YOU PAID TO TAMR FOR THE SERVICE OR US $100, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS ARE INDEPENDENT FROM ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN.
You hereby expressly consent to the transmission, collection, storage, processing and use of your Registration Data within, from and to the United States, in addition to the country where you are located (if not the United States). Tamr makes no representation that the Service is accessible, appropriate or legally available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing and using the Service is prohibited from territories where doing so would be illegal. If you access or use the Service from other locations, then you do so at your own initiative and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
Copyright and Trademark Notices.
TAMR™, DATA CURATION AT SCALE™ and TAMR LEVERAGE ALL DATA™ are trademarks of Tamr. The names of companies and products mentioned at the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may contact Tamr at the following address:
66 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA