Further, we respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). This Policy will inform you as to how we will look after your personal data when you interact with us, including visiting our Sites or using our Products. It also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data.
What Is Personal Data And Who Is Responsible For Looking After My Personal Data?
Personal data is any information about an identifiable individual. Tamr is responsible for personal data which we collect from you and, along with our distributors, resellers, dealers and other sales channels, we are also responsible for how we handle personal data which we collect from Tamr’s sales partners.
How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Data For?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see the “Your Choices” section below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Collection and Use of Information for Visitors to Tamr’s Sites
Tamr may collect certain information from visitors to the Sites as described below. Tamr uses information it collects for various purposes, which may include registration of its customers, authentication, fulfillment of your requests for products and Products, to collect payment, and to communicate with you regarding Tamr Products.
- Registration Information: Tamr collects personal information you knowingly choose to submit to us at any time, such as your name, email address, telephone numbers, to authenticate users, send appropriate notifications to users, to manage each user’s account and to facilitate our compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Location and Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Tamr also collects non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address and aggregate user data. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
- Log Files/Browser Information: Every time you visit an Internet location page on the Internet, your Web browser sends information to the Sites you are visiting. Tamr servers automatically collect and store this information. We may associate this information with your personal information to resolve technical issues and promote security.
- Web beacons: We may use Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about customers’ and visitors’ usage of our Sites and interaction with our emails. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the Web beacon. For example, we may place Web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our Sites. Web beacons are utilized to operate and improve our Sites and email communications.
Collection and Use of Information for Customers of Tamr
When you use the Products, basic information about how you use the Products, which may include compliance with use limitations, is collected and sent to Tamr on a periodic basis. In addition to ensuring compliance with license restrictions, this information will help us improve the features our customers use most often and to create solutions to common problems. Information that Tamr may gather includes, but is not limited to, the following: API calls, web traffic, page views, source and target IP addresses, amount of data moved, bandwidth usage, storage usage. Tamr may gather additional information, and you can always check this Policy, as may be updated from time to time, in order to determine what information is currently gathered by Tamr.
- If you use the Products, we collect information and data related to your use of the Products, the operation and effects of the Products, as well as system, software and other data information about your computer or system.
- We may collect and temporarily cache and store information relating to end users as necessary to provide the Products. We will store any such information only to the extent and for the time necessary to provide the Products.
- From time to time, we may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or Products. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service, we may share personal data collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). However, we do not control our business partners’ use of personal data, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, do not purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
If you do not wish Tamr to gather the information through the functionality of the Products, you must not install and/or otherwise use the Products.
At your election (opt-in), you may desire to register for a web event sponsored by Tamr or subscribe or gain access to various information resources concerning Tamr’s products, services, user groups and business. If you do so, our registration process may require you to provide your first and last names, company name, address, telephone number, email address and certain additional information (such as, for example, your preferred contact method, and products or markets that may be of interest to you), which is referred to as “Registration Data.” Tamr uses Registration Data to contact you when necessary, to respond to your inquiries for additional information, to verify your registration for closed events, to provide additional information according to your preferences and for Tamr’s other business purposes. Sometimes Registration Data is used to send you information about Tamr and its products, services and business partners. At your election at any time (opt-out), you may choose to stop receiving future communications from Tamr (see below). You may also correct or otherwise change your Registration Data by contacting Tamr, as provided in the For More Information section below.
Lawful Grounds For Using Your Personal Data
There are various lawful grounds on which we use your personal data including the following legitimate interests:
(a) understanding how our customers use our Products;
(b) keeping our records up to date;
(c) to develop and support our Products and to grow our business;
(d) to inform our marketing strategy including to define customers for our Products.
Your use of the Products may result in the generation of reports for Tamr regarding certain aspects of Products usage. Reports generally include information about:
- Configuration, such as how many processors are in your computer, what kinds of virtual machines you use, and which operating systems you install in them.
- Amount of data and names and numbers of files, tables, directories, buckets transported, time elapsed, bandwidth consumed for data movement jobs.
- Compliance with applicable use limitations.
- Performance and reliability, such as how quickly a program responds when you click a button, how many problems you experience with a program or a device, and how quickly information is sent or received over a network connection.
- Program use, such as the features and resources that you use the most often.
In addition, standard computer information contained in the reports typically includes certain information about your computer software and hardware, such as your IP address, operating system version, web browser version, your hardware ID (which indicates the device manufacturer, device name, and version), and your regional and language settings.
This information may be sent to Tamr when you are connected to the Internet and will identify you based on the information you submit when you are using the Products. Tamr may use the information to improve its software and identify trends and usage patterns.
Surveys and Responsive Requests; Social Media
If you have opted to participate, from time to time, we may request information from users via surveys or similar responsive requests. Participation in these surveys or responsive requests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, email and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a spouse or work colleague, we will assume that you have their permission to do so. Survey information may be used to monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of the Sites or our products and Products.
We may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on our Sites. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Restrictions on Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, such information may be shared with the acquiring entity or successor-in-interest, but we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal data pursuant to the terms of this Policy.
Information that is collected by or sent to Tamr will be stored and processed in the United States. By using the Products, you consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of information gathered, as described in this Policy, in the United States, subject to the requirement that transfer, storage, use and disclosure of the information complies with protections at least as robust as those contained in this Policy.
We are an entity which is based in the United States of America, and we may utilize service providers that are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that your personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Tamr is committed to protecting the security of the information we collect from you. We use a variety of industry standard security technologies and procedures to help protect the Sites and Products and your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We implement appropriate measures and processes, such as using encryption when transmitting certain sensitive information, to help us to keep your information secure and to maintain its quality. We regularly review our security and related policies to adapt the technology as new threats evolve and monitor our systems to help ensure the highest level of availability. If you have any questions about the security of our Sites or Products, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We restrict access to your information in our possession to those of our employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff, but only if they are required to comply with this Policy.
Your Choices – Your Right To Opt Out, Access, Change or Delete Your Personal Information
You have the opportunity to opt-out of any disclosures by Tamr of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Our opt-out procedure is simple and straightforward. In order to opt-out, please contact us by email or mail as per the For More Information section below and inform us that you are electing to opt out of any and all disclosures of your personal information by Tamr. We will promptly honor and confirm your request by email or mail. You also have the right to know what personal information about you is included in our databases and to ensure that such information is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which Tamr collected it. You may access, edit or delete your personal information by contacting Tamr by mail or email as per the For More Information section below. In making modifications to your personal information in Tamr’s possession, you must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. Tamr will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written or email requests to view, modify, or delete your personal information, but in no event will our initial response take longer than thirty (30) days. We reserve the right to verify the identity of anyone requesting access to personal information pursuant to this Policy. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Tamr will track each of the following and will provide notice to you when either of the following circumstances arises: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of your personal information by a law enforcement authority, unless notice to you is prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from you for your own information.
In addition to those rights specified under “Your Choices” above, under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. We have explained your rights below; if you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
You have the right to:
- Request accessto your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correctionof the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasureof your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processingof your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restrictionof processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transferof your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you do not want to receive promotional or other e-mail from us, you can remove yourself from our mailing lists.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Your Right To Make A Complaint And How To Contact Us
Your privacy is very important to us. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority for data protection issues in your country. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns so if you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may provide links to other third party web sites. Tamr is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of any other third party or any service or product they may provide. We advise you to read the privacy policies of those websites thoroughly so that you are aware of the manner in which those websites will use your personal data.
Users who no longer wish to receive Tamr email updates or notifications please contact Tamr at email@example.com .
Changes to this Statement
Tamr may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the date in the footer of the privacy statement to indicate when last updated. We will make our employees aware of changes to this Policy either by posting to our intranet, through email, or other means. We will notify you of material changes in the Policy through our publicly posted website. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the information we collect, and we will always allow you to choose whether your personal information should be deleted, removed, altered or used in a different manner.
By using the Sites and the Products, you consent to the collection, use and storage of your information by us in the manner described in this Policy. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on our Sites or through our Products so our users are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Sites or the Products. Your continued use of the Sites and/or Products following posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act restricts the collection and use of personal data pertaining to children under the age of 13. We do not allow such children to register as users and will not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal data on or through the Sites or otherwise. In the event we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 13, we will terminate the any account and communications, and delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .Minors aged 13 and over should not use this site or post any information or other content without adult supervision.
Users who reside in California and have provided personal data to us have the right to receive: (a) information identifying any third party to whom we may have disclosed, within the past year, personal data pertaining to you and your family for that party’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal data disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com . This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than as specified in this Policy. You can also send your request to:
Attn: California/Shine the Light
66 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
For More Information
Tamr welcomes your comments regarding this Policy. If you believe that Tamr has not adhered to this Policy, please contact us by e-mail or postal mail, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
66 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org