How can you benefit from DataOps?
Most organizations are full of data silos, suffer from poor data quality, endure slow development processes, and lack synergy between business and IT. DataOps aims to empower data teams to rigorously develop data pipelines “faster, better, cheaper”. Building on the principles in DevOps, DataOps has the potential to bridge the gap between business and IT and help organizations leverage their data and transform it into a core competency.
Investing in technology to build robust data pipelines
Wayne Eckerson, founder and principal consultant of Eckerson Group, recently published The Ultimate Guide to DataOps report which dives deep into the reasons why data teams should invest in the technology and the tools needed to set up automated data pipelines. It paints a picture of the DataOps processes through a framework of “design patterns” that define the ingredients of a healthy data pipeline. The report also includes the five categories of DataOps products on the market today along with a criteria for evaluating these products.
In this report you’ll learn about:
- Benefits from testing and the business impact of DataOps
- Data management components needed in implementing DataOps
- Data pipeline use cases from data warehousing to self-service analytics
- Five categories of DataOps products in the marketplace
- Evaluation criteria for all-in-one DataOps tools